My Session Kit
I keep a session kit that accompanies me to every gig and session. It contains items that I have learned over time are overlooked by the folks arranging the session or gig. These are the items I recommend.
- Music Stand - I don't like laying my charts on a chair or coffee table and trying to play from them.
- Guitar Stand - you will need to take a break
- Music light
- Long clips - keeps charts from moving with the breeze
- Instrument cables
- Mic cable
- SM-58 mic - "Oh, didn't I tell you we needed to record a vocal track?"
- DI box
- Guitar strap
- Digital recorder - I use a Zoom Hn4
- Extra batteries
- Pencil and eraser
- Music notes and paper